Sunday, September 7, 2014

Day 7
Today it was back to Kapalua. The visibility was even better today. Even got out to the center to see who was out on the sandy bottom. It often looks barren but if you float and watch you can see who's down there looking for breakfast. The 20ft. dive is hard on my old lungs but thankfully the longer I'm here the easier the dives get.

After our snorkel we got ready for the TripAdvisor get together. To say it was fun would be an understatement. So many great people an a lot more than I ever thought would come to this when it all got started. Here is a link to some of the photos taken at the party. 






Group shot. A Fantail file fish with Spiny Brittle Star behind it and a Pale Rock-boring Urchin below it.












Another group shot. Looks like a conga line. Leading the group is a female Belted Wrasse followed by a Teardrop Butterflyfish and a juvenile Yellowtail Coris.






Black-lipped Pearl Oyster




Another cute little Fantail Filefish. Sorry I've put in so many but we have never seen them before and from what I've read they may not be here when we return. And their such a beautiful fish.





A big Trumpetfish. We've seen a lot of these this year.

Imperial Nudibranch X 2. So tiny. These are mature and they were only a few inches long each. Thankfully they are not like many creatures on the reef that blend into their surroundings. Makes them a little bit easier to spot. These were another first for us.





My wife spotted this Stout Moray and when I went down to get a pic I saw it had a neighbor. Looks like some kind of Soldierfish.






Another nice coral formation.




Peacock Flounder I spotted in about 20ft of water. Long dive but worth it. The last one of these we saw a long time ago on Kauai.




Near the Flounder I found these two, a Lizardfish and another Flying Gurnard. Not a great pic but I wanted to get both in the shot. 






Scarface Blenny




These two Fantails doing some kind of dance. Whether it was angry or amorous I couldn't tell you.  





Blackspot Sergeant





Longnose Butterflyfish





Redbarred Hawkfish




Another Whitemouthed Moray. And no this is how I found him on his side. Only got one shot. This was one of the very few times a moray seemed to not want me around.






Squaretail Filefish






Think this is some kind of Sea Cucumber.





A BIG Pearl Wrasse.

No comments:

Post a Comment