Monday, September 16, 2013

Day 8 Last full day

Well today was our last day full day and last snorkel. We leave our beloved Maui at 11:00AM tomorrow. :-( We headed north early and got to Honolua at 8:30. As soon as I hit the water I turned on my camera. Nothing. Since there was no way for it to flood that quick and not even turn on. So I took it back to shore. As I was going back out to join Karen I remembered that the charger had been acting funny when I took out the battery and I din't check it when I put it in. Well good news, Karen said she had to reset the GFIC button on the plug so it never charged over night. Whew!

As it turned out nothing was lost. We went all the way out past the boat mooring and there was a whole lot nothing out there. The reef just had not waken up yet. The sun was still low enough that all along the north side that the water was way too dark to snorkel in. So we headed in and decided to go to Kapalua. 

We went back and got a good battery, re-applied sunscreen and were about to leave when Karen hollered "Turtles" from the lanai. It ended up there was 5 out there. And well we'll just say they were working the next generation of Hawaiian honu's. LOL She got a few pics But I think I'll leave them out. Don't want to offend anyone. 

So after the class in turtle biology we went to Kapalua. It was busy but we found a parking spot right next to the bathroom so the good luck was back. It was rolling pretty good but it was fairly clear once we got out and to the north side of the bay. Got some nice pics and even found another new fish for my collection. Another Scorpionfish. 11 years of snorkeling and never saw one then this trip I see two different varieties. Even caught a few good shots of a small octopus. I told him I knew Rena the octopus whisperer and he came out and did a lap around his rock stopping a couple times then back under his ledge. What's even funnier is that's not a joke. Anyway the eels were sleeping today. Only saw one small one. Well' on with the pics. 
















I did have another first today. As we were coming in I saw something on the bottom waving around. I have to say this is the first snorkel I ever got paid for. Seed money for the next trip. LOL



We also caught a beautiful sunset on the way back from Lahaina. It was a nice farwell. Until next time Maui, a hui hou.


No comments:

Post a Comment