Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Day 3. Today was certainly a good day

This is going to take me forever to upload. But you're all worth it. :-) This day goes down as a
good day pretty much from start to finish. The pic below is what I woke up to. Not a bad start. 


After a little breakfast we headed to Honolua. Our first time back in 11 years. I don't remember the the muddy bottom going as far out as it does but it's all good. We still saw lots of activity on our way out to the nicer coral. Trilogy had beat us there so it was a little crowded but not horribly so. Vis was okay. We did a little reef clean up. Karen found a 2011 quarter turning green and I found a huge hair clip and a very expensive puka shell necklace. Best part was I found four fish I had not seen or photographed yet. A Bigeye Emperor, Flowery Flounder, Agile Chromis and Hawaiian Hogfish. Also another great day for Moray's. Yellowmargined, Whitemouthed and Stout oh my! Still no Snowflake's though. :-(  














And I would like to thank the ding dong boat tour person who decided to swim over someone free diving. The pic didn't come out but I got a nice coral rash on a couple of knuckles.

On with the rest of the day. We came back to the condo for some lunch. Costco BBQ chicken on Hawaiian sweet bread. Yummmm! Anyway we were sitting on the lanai and Karen said she thought she saw whales spouts then decided it was just splashes from the outer reef. I started watching these but they were a ways off but some of them were moving not waves hitting rocks. A minute later out shoots a beautiful grey torpedo. Spinner dolphins! and right in front of our condo. There was a bunch of them. You could see them corralling fish and of course spinning. It was so awesome.









After lunch we headed back over to Kahekili (Airport) Beach. Great way to spend the afternoon. Lots more moray's even one toothy little guy. Was also able to get some decent macro shots on a few fish that let me get close enough. Also all of these photos are right out of the camera untouched. 















All in all it was pretty great day. Finished it off with dinner at Maui Brewing Co. Wasn't bad but not worth the price in our book. Karen said her burger at Moose's was a lot better. I'm so tired I can't see straight. Karen went to bed over an hour ago. Not sure if we will snorkel tomorrow or not. We'll see. There is some tide pools on the north side we want to see. Plus you never know where the car will take you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment