Thursday, September 12, 2013

Day 5 can someone turn on the AC and the fan?

With the trades it's been just a bit toasty. It also makes me wonder if it has something to do with the rotten ocean conditions. We went to Kapalua this morning and it was pretty cloudy close to shore. It didn't clear until probably 74 yards out. Even then it wasn't really clear. But I'm firm believer in "A bad day snorkeling is better than a good day at work." To top it off my camera stopped working right. The buttons on the back quit working. I could get it to take pics but it wasn't in the right mode. It started working about half way though our snorkel so there's some good and some so so shots. The Panasonic camera my wife was using threw a battery error code. Later found out it leaked. I think its dead but we'll see in a couple days. But with all that we got some good shots, saw a few monster turtles again and educated a couple people on reef etiquette. 
This guy was HUNGRY!

This very large Yellowmargined moray was the first make me a little uncomfortable.

These little box fish are so cute.

Bluespine Unicornfifish

This Black triggerfish got close enough for my flash to make it's colors really pop.

Arceye hawkfish

This was my first Bullethead blenny

It's Gil!!!

Ambron puffer

Whitemouth moray and Bluefin trevally

















This Trevally and moray where awesome to watch. they were doing what they call cooperative hunting. I have never been this close to a Trevally without it swimming away. It wanted something bad. I took a couple videos. I was there for quite a while watching them work. The eel shooting in and out of the coral and the Trevally knew right where it was going to see if something shot out to eat. It was so much fun to watch.  Can't get the vid to load for some reason.


Well after snorkeling we came back to the condo for a bit to eat and get cleaned up. We headed to Lahaina. I surprise Karen a few weeks ago and reserved a couples lomi lomi massage at Maui Zen. Great way to work out the kinks. A very nice place and we both highly recommend it. They had high ratings on TripAdvisor and it's true. I had Tomoko who was mentioned in many of the reviews and  I found out why. She is an amazing therapist.

After that were weren't up for a whole lot so we went to a camera shop there in Lahaina. They had a new lens for my camera that got lost the first day! Yay!!! Now we just need the water to calm down. Not sure yet where we will try tomorrow. Due to the wave direction tonight I may head back up to Honolua. Wish us luck.
                                                                         


No comments:

Post a Comment